Thursday, 25 July 2013

Day Twenty Eight: The futile search for bears


I don’t know if you all know but Heng and I are not exactly morning people. However we did try to get up and away early today, as we wanted to spot bears. The location in mind was Cades Cover. A loop road with pretty fields and some historic buildings. It was a beautiful drive but unfortunately we did not see any bears. We did see quite a few deer though.


Beautiful countryside

Another crazy death-defying deer

Watch out for the bears!!

After our lovely country drive we were ready for an afternoon of fun and relaxation that had nothing to do with a car. I wasn’t sure that I was up to the Dollywood Theme Park it might be a little too crazy but the waterpark attached seemed like fun. We enjoyed the wave pool and lazy river. The waterslides and a water coaster were also great fun. Just scary enough to get a thrill but not too scary for Heng. It was a great afternoon.


Heng relaxing on the lazy river

We had an awesome time!!

We were very tired when we finally left the park at 7pm. We had dinner at an Italian restaurant, which was mediocre. It has been a bit hit and miss with restaurants but we have had a few good ones but I suppose they can’t always be good. 

2 comments:

  1. Not morning people?? Who would have guessed ...
    Road trip going really well. lots of fun and ad hoc
    interest,
    Love Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are now being followed on the map x mam

    ReplyDelete